My confession: I am a product fiend.
Here are some of my favorites:
1. Formula 10.0.06 Picture Perfect Day Moisturizer - $7 - Love everything I try from this brand! No sticky/greasy residue here! This well-priced moisturizer is very light, smells fresh, and contains SPF 15.
2. Clinique All About Eyes - $32.50 - I learned early-on that I was to inherit Mama’s smiling eye crinkles. While I love that I have her smile, I do my best to keep my eye crinkles as bay. It is my opinion that every woman should, at minimum, use an eye cream, and this is mine. It keeps dark circles away and adds plenty of moisture to fight those crinkles.
3. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - $42 - Hands down, the best foundation I have ever tried. It is expensive, but worth the money. It is a heavier coverage, but will never end up oily and will last the entire day. P.S. please apply this with a brush (see 4).
4. Stippling Makeup Brush - $8-$27 - I like Morphe and Sigma brushes. Sigma is higher quality. This brush will work wonders for the finish of your foundation. Tip: I clean my brush once a week with equal parts olive oil and dish detergent. I swirl the brush in this mix in a disposable cup, then rinse. Pat with towel and lay flat to dry.
5. Estee Lauder Little Black Liner - $32 - No smudges here. This is a double-sided liquid eyeliner is AMAZING. The thinner tip help perfect my line and reach my inner eye; the wider tip easily allows me to thicken my line.
6. Coola SPF 30 Makeup Setting Spray Green Tea and Aloe - $36 - I am always in the market for extra sun protection, and this is where I found it! Every moisturizer I have tried with higher SPF leaves my skin oily, so this my solution. This product also leaves my skin feeling refreshed and keeps my makeup in place all day.
7. Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Highlighter - $26 - Best highlighter ever! This highlighter is expensive, but will definitely last you a while! Because I have combination skin, I tend to use powdered highlighters and bronzers over liquids. The colors of this highlighter are amazing. I use the Peach Glow, but also like to break out the Gilded Honey for special occasions!
8. Not Your Mother’s In a Heartbeat Blow Dry Accelerator - $7 - I am obsessed with this brand. I feel like they carry higher quality products in a medium price range. After showering and lightly towel-drying my hair, I spritz on this product. It protects hair from heat, detangles, and speeds up dry time. As a bonus, it smells great.
9. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Bronzer - $42 - My bronzer struggle has been real. This one is expensive, but I always end up going back to it. It is the perfect shade and has a good shimmer ratio. Often, I find bronzers are too shimmery or too orange. I use the medium shade and it is perfect for my skin tone. Also, the brush that comes with this product makes it perfect for contouring.
10. Lancôme Grandiôse Mascara - $32 - Biggest Lashes Ever. This mascara packs a lot of product on the brush. Be ready for volume. The curved brush is a bit weird at first, but it really allows you to have a better angle. Be aware: you may be asked if you are wearing fake lashes.
11. Birchbox! - $10 a month - I love getting mail and have been with this service since 2014! They send you a personalized collection of five makeup, hair, skincare, or fragrance samples. This service allows me to try new products (I originally tried the Coola Makeup Setter and the Laura Geller Highlighter (see 6 and 7) through Birchbox) and keeps my overnight bag stocked with product minis.